|1.1.1||After Sales Complaints Procedure, means the after sales complaints procedure and conditions set out in the Second Schedule hereto|
|1.1.2||Agreed Selling Price, means the price required or agreed by a Vendor for a Vehicle|
|1.1.3||Autofind, means the Company's computerised stock locator system for the sale and purchase of vehicles which operates under the name of ‘Autofind'|
|1.1.4||Arbitration, means an arbitration carried out by the Inspector where he is asked to arbitrate under the Conditions|
|1.1.5||the Company, means Autorola Limited whose registered office is at Oakfield House, Tytherington Business Park, Tytherington, Macclesfield SK10 2XA (and which is registered in England and Wales under company registration number 3372055)|
|1.1.6||Conditions means the terms and conditions set out in this document and any special terms and conditions agreed in writing by the company|
|1.1.7||Fees, means the various fees defined below under 'fees'|
|1.1.8||Inspection, means an independent inspection of a Vehicle following a complaint by a Purchaser under the After Sales Complaints Procedure|
|1.1.9||Inspector, means the independent specialist (who may be an individual, partnership or a company) appointed by the Company to carry out the Inspection|
|1.1.10||Purchaser, means any person, persons firm, company or organisation who purchases a vehicle through the Systems and includes any principal for whom a Purchaser is acting as agent and 'Purchasers' shall be construed accordingly|
|1.1.11||Self-Collection, means the Purchaser opts out of the Company's managed transport procedure and arranges collection of the vehicle from the Vendor themselves|
|1.1.12||“Systems” shall mean the Autofind Stock Locator and Autorola Auction Platforms from time to time operated by the Company and where appropriate “the Systems” shall mean either or all of the said systems|
|1.1.13||Title Indemnity, means an insurance backed indemnity provided by the Experian Group (or such other organisation as the Company may from time to time use) to cover any loss which the Purchaser may suffer at any time within the period of twelve months from the Purchaser's purchase of the Vehicle arising from any defect in the Vendor's title to the Vehicle. The Title Indemnity equal the trade market value.|
|1.1.14||Vehicle, means any vehicle offered for sale or sold through the Systems and 'Vehicles' shall be construed accordingly|
|1.1.15||Vehicle Criteria, means the criteria set out in the Third Schedule hereto|
|1.1.16||Vendor, means any person, persons firm, company or organisation selling a Vehicle or Vehicles through the Systems and includes not only the owner or owners of the Vehicle but also any authorised agent and any other person offering the Vehicle to the Company for sale whether or not such person is authorised by the owner and 'Vendors' shall be construed accordingly|
|1.2||Definitions - Fees |
|1.2.1||'Aborted Delivery Fee' means the sum of £169 plus VAT|
|1.2.2||'Cancellation Fee' means the sum of £369 plus VAT |
|1.2.3||'Inspection Fee' means the sum of £200 plus VAT|
|1.2.4||'Non-Direct Debit Penalty Fee' means the sum of £100 plus VAT|
|1.2.5||'Autofind Non-Subscribers Buyers Fee': |
- Vehicle Sale Price: £0-£19,999 means the sum of £130 plus VAT"
- Vehicle Sale Price: £20,000-£39,999 means the sum of £180 plus VAT"
- Vehicle Sale Price: £40,000+ means the sum of £280 plus VAT
|1.2.6||'Self Collection Transaction Fee': means the sum of £50 plus VAT|
|1.2.7||'Sellers Fee' means the sum of £150 plus VAT|
|1.2.8||'Autofind Subscribers Buyers Fee' means the sum of £100 plus VAT|
|1.2.9||'Autofind Subscription Fee': means an optional subscription fee of £50 plus VAT per month, paid quarterly, which allows users to benefit from a reduced buyers fee per purchase.|
|1.2.10||'Transport Fee (Driven)' means the sum of £169 plus VAT for UK mainland delivery (within 400 miles).|
|1.2.11||'Transport Fee (Transported)' Autorola will provide you with a quote for this upon request.|
|1.2.12||'Auction Buyers Fee' means the fee as listed on the auction, called ‘Buyers Fee’ plus VAT.|
|1.3||Conditions Applicable |
|1.3.1||These Conditions shall apply to all contracts for sale of Vehicles between Vendors and Purchasers affected through the Systems and to the legal relationship between: |
in relation to such sales.
- the Company and Vendors
- the Company and the Purchasers
- Vendors and Purchasers
|1.3.2||These Conditions shall apply to exclusion of all other terms and conditions including any terms and conditions which a Vendor or Purchaser may purport to apply under any purchase order confirmation of order or similar document|
|1.3.3||Any offer by a Vendor to sell a Vehicle through the Systems shall be deemed to be an offer by the Vendor to sell such Vehicle pursuant to these Conditions|
|1.3.4||Any agreement by a Purchaser to purchase a Vehicle through the Systems shall be deemed to be an offer by the Purchaser to purchase such Vehicle pursuant to these Conditions|
|1.3.5||No variation to these Conditions shall be effective unless agreed in writing by the Company|
|1.4||Company's rights |
|1.4.1||Motor traders, fleet companies and lease companies can register as "users" of the Autorola Ltd vehicle auction. The different types of users are subject to different rights and obligations. |
- Autorola Ltd reserves the right to deny access to users without further explanation or to make approval of a user subject to special conditions.
- Autorola Ltd decides which category each user belongs to and is entitled to transfer a user to another category without notice.
- Autorola Ltd is entitled to cancel a user account at any time with immediate effect. Should a user account be cancelled, this will not impact on any sale agreements already established at Autorola Ltd, and the user will continue to be bound by any vehicles already registered or bids entered. This will be the case unless Autorola Ltd decides otherwise.
- All users choose a username and password. These are strictly confidential and must not be passed on to others. Should the user become suspicious that someone else has become aware of their password, they must immediately inform Autorola Ltd, who will block any further access to the account to prevent misuse of the system in the user's name. The user will then receive a new password. The user is always liable in the event that their username and password are misused
|1.4.2||The Company's intangible rights |
- All rights relating to the systems, including all terms, conditions, descriptions, data, procedures and know how rest with Autorola Ltd alone. All copyrights, trademarks and all other intangible rights to and relating to the systems and Autorola Ltd, rest with Autorola Ltd alone.
- Any form of copying, replication or other kind of imitation is forbidden.
|1.5||Auction Procedure |
|1.5.1||Autorola Ltd manages the start and close of the auction in all cases.|
|1.5.2||Autorola Ltd reserves the right to cancel or change scheduled auctions without notice.|
|1.5.3||Autorola Ltd is entitled to cancel an auction at any time without providing an explanation and without constituting a basis for monetary claims against Autorola Ltd. Such cancellations may take place both before and during the auction. Completed auctions cannot be cancelled.|
|1.5.4||Extended auction |
- Autorola Ltd lists vehicles that are not sold at the ordinary auction under the "Extended auction".
- The Extended auction serves as a catalogue of vehicles which have been offered but not yet sold via Autorola Ltd.
- All users can bid via the extended auction. If a user bids via the Extended auction, the Terms and Conditions for buyers at the auction apply.
- All bids are binding.
- Vehicles will be listed on the Extended auction for as long as Autorola Ltd feels appropriate.
- In the extended auction, unlike the ordinary auction, the seller must approve a bid before a sale agreement is binding.
- If Autorola Ltd arranges an agreement between the buyer and seller at the extended auction, or in any other way, these Terms and Conditions apply.
|1.5.2||Bidding regulations |
- All vehicles offered in the auction will be sold provisionally, pending availability with the seller; sales will be confirmed within two hours of the auction ending.
- Bids entered are binding on the bidding party. The buyer chooses the maximum amount they wish to bid at the auction. If the bid is less than or equal to the seller's reserve price, the full bid is immediately registered as the highest bid. If the bid is above the reserve price, the reserve price is immediately registered as the highest bid.
- When there are two or more bids equal to or above the reserve price, the bidder who has outbid the others (by the fixed bid increment specified on the auction) is entitled to the vehicle. If two bidders enter the same bid, the first bid received will become the highest bid.
- If a bid higher than the bid entered has already been made, the bid entered will be immediately outbid.
- Bids cannot be reduced or cancelled once they have been made.
- All bids entered are recorded and may be stored by Autorola Ltd for as long as Autorola Ltd wishes.
- The auctioneer reserves the right to bid on behalf of the vendor
- If there are any matters of dispute in relation to a bid, these will be finally decided with binding effect by Autorola Ltd.
- Once a bid has been entered on a vehicle which is equal to or above the seller's reserve price, a binding agreement exists between the seller and the highest bidder and both parties are obligated to complete the sale transaction. The seller is thereby obligated to supply the vehicle in the condition described to the highest bidder and the highest bidder is obligated to accept and pay for the vehicle. This is also the case if an agreement is arranged through the Autorola Ltd customer centre or by Autorola Ltd in any other way.
|1.5.2||Auction Pricing |
- The seller sets their own price. If Autorola Ltd manages in any way to procure a buyer willing to pay the reserve price or above for the registered vehicle as described, the seller is obligated to sell. This is also the case if the seller accepts a lower bid by agreement with Autorola Ltd.
- Autorola Ltd reserves the right to refrain from approving any vehicle without notice or subsequently remove the vehicle from the auction if Autorola Ltd believes the price entered is too high. Where the price is too high, Autorola Ltd will recommend a new price.
- The contract of sale is not the sales invoice. The sales invoice will be sent separately after the auction and will display the vehicle sales price plus any applicable fees.
|1.6||Vendor's Obligations |
|1.6.1||In consideration of being allowed to use/sell by the Systems the Vendor shall: |
- supply the Company (by e-mail or such other method as the Company may determine) with the correct VAT status and full accurate and true description and details of any Vehicle which it wishes to sell, as the Company may from time to time require. The Vendor shall indemnify the Company against any liability incurred by the Company as a result of the VAT status of any vehicle being incorrectly notified to the Company.
- ensure that any Vehicle which it offers for sale through the Systems has a V5 (registration document) current MOT (if the vehicle is old enough to require an MOT) manuals and service book and a service history (where available) unless otherwise disclosed to the Company (by e-mail or such other method as the Company may determine) when offered for sale
- ensure that all details of any Vehicle which it endeavours to sell through the Systems meet the vehicle Criteria (see “Third Schedule – Vehicle Criteria”)
- ensure that Vehicle is removed from all retail websites as soon as the sale is agreed. Failure to do so, resulting in the Purchaser rescinding the deal, will result in the Vendor being liable to pay the Company's Cancellation Fee
- ensure that any Vehicle sold through the systems must, regardless of distance travelled, remain of sound mechanical condition until the vehicle is delivered with the Purchaser and the After Sales Complaints period has expired.
- pay the fees due to the Company from the Vendor under the terms of this agreement in respect of any Vehicle which it offers for sale through the Systems (if the sale monies are received by the Company then the Company is hereby irrevocably authorised to retain any monies that it is owed by the Vendor from such receipts before accounting for the same to the Vendor)
- comply fully with the Conditions so far as applicable to a Vendor and any regulations that the Company may from time to time impose in relation to the use of the Systems
- keep the Company fully and effectually indemnified against any losses or expenses that the Company may incur in relation to the Vehicle or as a result of any breach by the Vendor of any of its obligations hereunder
- comply with any decision of the Inspector under the After Sales Complaints Procedure and in particular to bear the cost of any works required to any Vehicle which the Inspector considers to be the responsibility of the Vendor
- agree to the Company operating a self-billing system in respect of Vehicles sold through the Systems. Acceptance of these Terms and Conditions includes acceptance to this self-billing system. Any change or cancellation to the Vendor’s VAT registration number should be notified immediately to the Company.
- accept liability for damage proven to be present at collection. Inspections comprise of text and photographs which can be verified with time and date data stamps. Where possible and allowing for the various weather conditions and states of cleanliness of the vehicles, the agent will appraise to the best of their ability. However, due to the aforementioned factors, some damage may be missed that is captured on the images taken and on review can be seen.
|1.7||Fees for Using the System |
|1.7.1||There will be no charge to Vendors for entering Vehicles onto the Systems|
|1.7.2||On the sale of a Vehicle through the Systems by a Vendor, the company will deduct the Vendor’s seller fee from the payout of the vehicle|
|1.7.3||When the Vehicle is purchased through the Systems by a Purchaser then the Purchaser will pay the Company the Buyers Fee|
|1.7.4||When the Vehicle is purchased through the Systems by a Purchaser then the Purchaser will pay the Company the Transport Fee for delivery of the vehicle to a specified mainland UK location|
|1.7.5||Where the vehicle is a plug in electric vehicle (PEV) or at the Company's discretion, where a vehicle is not wholly fuelled by Diesel or Petrol, the vehicle will be subject to delivery via a transporter, the cost for which will be quoted to the Purchaser at the point of purchase|
|1.7.6||If the Purchaser opts out of using the Company’s transport procedure, then the Purchaser will pay the Company the Self Collection Transaction Fee along with the Buyer Fee.|
|1.7.7||When the vehicle is purchased through the Systems by a Purchaser who is not set up with the Company’s Direct Debit scheme, then the Purchaser will pay the Company the Non-Direct Debit Transaction Fee|
|1.7.8||In the event of incorrect details of a Vehicle being entered onto the Systems or either or them by a Vendor, the Company may (at its absolute discretion) charge an Administration Fee which the Vendor will pay on demand|
|1.7.9||The fees stated above include Title Indemnity and delivery within the mainland of the United Kingdom|
|1.8||Purchaser's Obligations |
|1.8.1||In consideration of being allowed access to the Systems to view details of Vehicles being offered for sale by Vendors the Purchaser shall: |
- pay to the Company all fees payable hereunder by a Purchaser in respect of any Vehicle which the Purchaser has agreed to purchase from a Vendor through or as a result of using the Systems
- comply fully with the Conditions so far as applicable to a Purchaser and any regulations that the Company may from time to time impose in relation to the use of the Systems
- pay for Vehicles purchased by electronic funds transfer or other agreed method no later than three working day after the day upon which the sale is agreed, for Purchasers not yet on Direct Debit.
- accepts that where payment is outstanding after a period of five working days from the time of the sale the Vendor may rescind the contract of sale and the Vendor may re-sell the Vehicle (through the Systems or in any other way) without notice to the Purchaser and the Company may also withdraw the Purchaser's facility to trade on the Systems and the Purchaser will be obligated to pay the Companys Cancellation Fee.
- To receive delivery of every Vehicle which it purchases through the Systems at such times on working days between the hours of 8.00 a.m. and 6.00 p.m. as the Vehicle may arrive either at the Purchaser's premises or at a nominated UK mainland port (see clause 1.9.3)
- If the Purchaser elects to opt-out of the Company’s managed transport procedure and collects the vehicle from the Vendor themselves, it is the Purchaser's responsibility to ensure that the vehicle meets the condition which was agreed at the point of sale. If this is not the case, the Purchaser must inform the Company before leaving the Vendor’s premises, once the vehicle has left the Vendor’s premises, this is deemed as acceptance to the vehicle condition and no further assistance will be provided by the Company.
- If the Purchaser elects to opt-out of the Company’s managed transport procedure and collects the vehicle from the Vendor themselves, it is the Purchaser's obligation to ensure all relevant documentation and equipment pertaining to the vehicle is collected. Autorola will not be held responsible for items agreed at the point of sale which were not collected with the vehicle.
|1.9||The Company's Obligations |
|1.9.1||The Company will:- |
- supply prompt administrative and logistical support
- deliver any Vehicle sold from the Seller to the Purchaser (provided this is within the mainland United Kingdom) within four working days of the Company receiving cleared funds for the sale
- Where the Purchaser wishes the Vehicle to be delivered somewhere other than within mainland United Kingdom to deliver the Vehicle to a port within mainland United Kingdom of the Purchaser's choice.
- provide Title Indemnity in respect of the Vehicle
- operate the After Sales Complaints Procedure in accordance with the Second Schedule
- with regard to Vehicles sold for Vendors through the Systems - account to Vendors for the Agreed Selling Price within four working days of receiving cleared funds for the sale from the Purchaser and the vehicle being delivered to the Purchaser provided always that the Company shall be entitled to deduct from any such monies any fees payable or sums due to the Company by or from that Vendor
- hold on trust for the Vendor &Purchaser, in a separate bank account (designated as a trust account), any funds received from the Purchaser, for the sale of a Vehicle sold for the Vendor which the Company shall either pay to the Vendor or return to the Purchaser in accordance with these Conditions and the First Schedule - Autorola Sales and Purchase Procedure.
|1.10||Liability for goods in transit |
|1.10.1||The Company or its sub-contractors will be wholly responsible for any damage which may occur to any Vehicle in transit between the Vendor and the Purchaser or in the case of a delivery to a port at the request of a Purchaser in transit between the Vendor and the port subject to the Company's vehicle appraisal document being signed upon receipt of the said Vehicle.|
|1.11||Penalties for Mis-description |
|1.11.1||In the event of a Vehicle being mis-described by the Vendor then:- |
- if the mis-description results in the Vehicle not being available or being found to be mis-described when inspected on collection for delivery , then if the delivery is aborted the Vendor will pay to the Company the Aborted Delivery Fee to cover the Company's costs for dealing with the aborted delivery.
- If as a result of the Vehicle not being available or being mis-described the sale is subsequently cancelled (following Arbitration or otherwise) the vendor shall also pay to the Company the Cancellation fee. It is the vendor’s obligation to collect the vehicle from the purchaser or pay for the return “Transport Fee”.
- payment of the fees referred to in clauses 10.1 and 10.2 shall not in any way lessen the Vendor's contractual liability to the Purchaser for failing to supply a Vehicle which it has contracted to sell to the Purchaser
|1.12||Additional Mileage |
|1.12.1||Vehicles purchased under the Systems are likely to be delivered by road on trade plates. As a result the mileage shown on the odometer at the time of delivery will be higher than that disclosed on the Systems|
|1.13||Disclaimer/Limit of Company's Responsibility |
|1.13.1||The Company shall not be responsible for the failure or inability of any party to log into or access information on the Systems even where such failure is as a result of error or negligence on the part of the Company|
|1.13.2||The Company accepts no responsibility for any loss suffered by the Purchaser as a result of mis-description of any Vehicle by the Vendor or for any other loss suffered by the Purchaser resulting from the use of the Systems and the Purchaser accepts that any contract to purchase a Vehicle is a contract with the Company acting as agent of the Vendor and not in its own capacity|
|1.13.3||The Company is acting as an agent of the Vendor and not in its own capacity. The Company accepts no responsibility for any loss suffered by the Vendor as a result of the Purchaser cancelling their Direct Debit or not paying for the vehicle within five working days from the agreed point of vehicle sale. The agreed sale of vehicle will be rescinded and the Company will withdraw the Purchasers facility to trade on the systems. |
|1.13.4||The Company shall be under no duty to the Purchaser to make any enquiries of any nature whatsoever as to the title of any Vehicle or to disclose to the Purchaser or any other person whatsoever the result of any enquiry made in respect of any Vehicle such enquiry being made entirely at the discretion of the Company|
|1.13.5||The Company is under no obligation to carry out an after sales complaints procedure if the Purchaser opts out of the Company’s managed transport procedure and collects the vehicle from the Vendor themselves. In choosing self-collection, the Purchaser forfeits the “After Sales Complaints Procedure and Conditions” as set out in the “Second Schedule”|
|1.14||Increase in the Fees |
|1.14.1||The Company may at any time increase any of the Fees by giving users of the Systems one weeks’ notice on the Systems of the proposed increase or increases|
|1.15||Title Indemnity |
|1.15.1||The Company will at its cost arrange Title Indemnity for the Purchaser in respect of any Vehicle purchased by the Purchaser |
|1.15.2||The Purchaser shall notify the Company in writing within three working days (time to be of the essence) after receiving the Vehicle if the VIN/Chassis/frame number of the vehicle purchased differs from that shown on the registration document or if there has been any alteration or apparent alteration of such VIN/Chassis/frame number or if the VIN/Chassis/frame number is not in the usual place or if any apparent alteration has been made to the details shown in the registration document.|
|1.15.3||Failure to notify the foregoing will: |
- in respect of the particular Vehicle bring to an end the Company's obligation to provide Title Indemnity and invalidate any Title Indemnity already in place
- not operate to release the Vendor from liability to the Purchaser or its assignee in respect of any warranty given by the Vendor whether express implied or statutory or otherwise as to the Vendor's title and right to sell the Vehicle.
|1.15.4||In the event of the Company or the insurers making settlement to the Purchaser under the terms of this indemnity the Purchaser shall be deemed to have assigned all rights of action against the Vendor to the Company or (as the case may be) the insurers and shall assign them formally if called upon to do so|
|1.16.1||Title to each Vehicle shall not pass to the Purchaser until the Company has received cleared funds in full payment for that Vehicle and all other Vehicles purchased by the Purchaser through the Company. No Vehicle will be delivered until title has passed to the Purchaser|
|1.17||Force majeure |
|1.17.1||If the Company so elects the Company will be released from its obligation to deliver a Vehicle or Vehicles in the event of national emergency, war prohibitive governmental regulation or if any other cause beyond the control of the Company which renders delivery of that Vehicle or those Vehicles in accordance with the terms of this contract impossible or uneconomic for the Company whereupon:|
|220.127.116.11||Any money paid to the Company or the Vendor in respect of that Vehicle or those Vehicles shall be refunded to the Purchaser|
|18.104.22.168||The contract between the Vendor and the Purchaser in respect of that Vehicle or those vehicles shall be null and void|
|1.18||Value Added Tax |
|1.18.1||Where VAT is payable on goods or services supplied pursuant to these terms and conditions, it shall be payable in addition to the stated price, unless otherwise specifically agreed.|
|1.19||Self-billing Agreement |
|1.19.1||The company is permitted by HM Customs and Excise to operate a self-billing system in respect of Vehicles sold through the Systems. Operation of this system is only permitted if the Vendor agrees to the Company doing so. Acceptance of these Terms and Conditions includes acceptance to this self-billing system. Any change or cancellation to the Vendor’s VAT registration number should be notified immediately to the Company.|
|1.20||Whole agreement |
|1.20.1||This Agreement and these Conditions contain the whole agreement between the Company the Vendors and the Purchasers in relation to contracts for the sale of the Vehicles and none of them have relied upon any oral or written representation made to it by any of the other parties or their respective employees or agents |
|1.21.1||Headings contained in this Agreement are for reference purposes only and should not be incorporated into this Agreement and shall not be deemed to be any indication of the meaning of the clauses and sub-clauses to which they relate|
|1.22||Joint and several |
|1.22.1||All agreements on the part of any of the parties which comprises more than one person or entity shall be joint and several and the neuter singular gender throughout this Agreement shall include all genders and the plural and the successors in title to the parties|
|1.23||Proper law and jurisdiction |
|1.23.1||Users may only use the Systems for correct and lawful participation. Any violation can be expected to lead to liability and legal prosecution.|
|1.23.2||This Agreement shall be governed by the law of England and Wales in every particular including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in England|
|1.23.3||Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this Agreement may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in London|
|1.24.1||The Company may at any time, contact both Vendors and Purchasers with marketing communications, via telephone, facsimile, email or other methods of communication (including affiliate partners), as may be deemed necessary. In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1984 and successor legislation and with the Telecommunication (Data Protection and Privacy) (Direct Marketing) Regulations 1998 and successor regulations, the company operates an in-house ‘unsubscribe’ listing for those companies and/or individuals who do not wish to receive such marketing communications. Should any party wish to be excluded from circulation, communication should be made, in writing, to the company. Acceptance of these Terms and Conditions deems acceptance to receiving marketing communications.|
|2.1||Initial Enquiry |
|2.1.1||Prospective Purchaser finds vehicle on Autorola systems and either places a bid online or contacts the Autorola customer centre with registration number to confirm vehicle details/availability|
|2.1.2||Autorola customer centre contacts selling dealer to confirm vehicle details/availability. Also confirm that the vehicle has a V5 and where applicable, a current MOT. Note that vehicles will not be transported without this documentation|
|Tip for Purchaser: If it is important that a vehicle has particular specification or history, you should specify at this point so we can check for you|
|Tip for Vendor: You should inform our sales staff of any damage to the vehicle at this point – it is best to report all damage no matter how minor it may seem|
|2.2||Vehicle Purchase |
|2.2.1||Sales and purchase confirmation and associated invoices are emailed to Seller and Purchaser|
|2.2.2||Funds will be taken automatically by Direct Debit on the date of the agreed purchase for the cost of the vehicle plus the transport fee, funds will leave your account two working days after the agreed purchase date (please note that monies received are held in a ring-fenced secure ‘client’ holding account until the vehicle has been delivered).|
|2.2.3||Transport is arranged by Autorola once funds are received from the purchasing dealer|
|Tip for Purchaser: If you have agreed a particular specification, history etc, it is prudent to write it on your order|
|If a Direct Debit is not yet in place with Autorola funds must be paid by purchasing dealer for cost of vehicle plus the transport fee within three working days of order, failure could result in a cancelled sale |
|If you do not yet have a Direct Debit in place you will be charged a non-Direct Debit penalty of £100+VAT in addition to the standard buyers fee|
|If you wish to collect the vehicle yourself you will be charged a Self Collection Fee of £50+VAT in addition to the Buyers Fee. Please note that by opting out of the Company’s approved delivery service you forgo the 24 hour grievance period, please refer to "Purchaser's Obligations" for further details.|
|Tip for Vendor and Purchaser: Any damage or agreed specification will be noted on paperwork – each dealer should check these notes as they form the basis of the deal.|
|2.3||Collection & Delivery |
|2.3.1||Delivery company emails and SMS messages selling dealer to confirm collection one day prior to pick up.|
|2.3.2||Delivery driver thoroughly appraises vehicle on collection noting any damage/missing items on PDA or collection sheet. An authorised member of staff from the selling dealer must sign this completed document|
|2.3.3||The delivery driver will contact Autorola to obtain authorisation to move the vehicle – if there is any damage or missing items they will be reported to Autorola|
|2.3.4||Vehicle is delivered to the purchasing dealer within 4 working days of received funds|
|2.3.5||An authorised member of staff from the purchasing dealer appraises the vehicle and marks any damage/missing items on delivery document|
|Tip for Vendor: If either the vehicle or its documents are not available for movement, then the delivery may be aborted and an abort charge will apply.|
|Please ensure that the vehicle being collected is clean and allow the driver a dry area to appraise the vehicle in bad weather|
|The V5 and MOT (if applicable) must be given to the delivery driver to take with the vehicle – do not post these documents or expect the vehicle to be moved without them|
|Tip for Purchaser: Any damage/missing items not noted on delivery document will not be acknowledged in relation to any grievance (see next section). If the vehicle is dirty or wet, we recommend that you clean/dry it before appraising it to ensure any damage is not missed|
|If you are collecting the vehicle yourself it is your responsibility to ensure that you or your transport company collect the V5, spare keys and other relevant documentation with the vehicle. Any grievances must be reported at the point of collection. Any grievances which are reported after the vehicle has left the vendors premises will not be upheld.|
|2.4||Post Delivery |
|2.4.1||If purchaser has any grievance or concerns with the vehicle once delivered, it must be raised with the Company within 24 hours of delivery and a completed grievance form must be submitted along with an estimate of repair costs - any grievances raised after the 24 hour period are void as are any grievances relating to visible damage/missing items not noted on the delivery document|
|2.4.2||The Autorola Team will endeavor to recover repair costs for any grievance in line with Autorola Terms and Conditions.|
|2.4.3||If the condition of a vehicle is disputed between both parties, an independent inspection can be carried out to establish the actual vehicle condition. The party found to be in the wrong will be liable to pay the inspection costs and the grievance procedure will apply as per the Terms and Conditions|
|2.4.4||Once any grievance has been settled and/or vehicle is clear of finance, Autorola will pay the Vendor for the vehicle (less the Autorola sellers fee) directly into the vendors bank account|
|Tip for Purchaser: A vehicle can only be rejected if the description/condition of the vehicle is significantly different to the original description|
|Tip for Purchaser and Seller: You should make yourselves familiar with the ‘Third Schedule - Vehicle Criteria’ in the Autorola Terms and Conditions to understand what is and isn’t acceptable condition of a vehicle.|
|4.1||Overall Condition |
|4.1.1||Vehicles should be complete and to the original manufacturers’ specification|
|4.1.2||Any replacement components should conform to the manufacturers’ specification in force at that time and applicable to that specific vehicle|
|4.1.3||All cars should be clean and free from dirt on both the interior and exterior|
|4.1.4||Vehicles will be mechanically sound|
|4.1.5||Paint colours will match and meet manufacturers’ original finish and specification.|
|4.2.1||All bodywork and paintwork must be maintained to a good standard commensurate with the age and mileage of the vehicle|
|4.2.2||Acceptable as fair wear and tear:- |
- Minor stone chips to forward facing surfaces of bonnet valance wings and wheel arches
- Minor scratches which can be polished out
- Minor dents on any panel e.g. through careless opening of car doors in car parks which can be viewed on a bodyline check only
|4.2.3||Not acceptable:- |
- Scratches through to primer
- Stone chips or scratches which have spread to adjacent areas
- Dents which can be viewed over and above the bodyline check i.e. from a two metre side on appraisal
|4.3||Interior Trim |
|4.3.1||The interior trim must be maintained to a good standard commensurate with the age and mileage of the vehicle|
|4.3.2||All items of interior trim must be free of burns, stains, rips, tears and major scuffing|
|4.3.3||Burns penetrating seat covers floor coverings or any other trim areas are not acceptable. Minor scorch marks if not in a prominent area are acceptable|
|4.3.4||Any repairs to seat covers must be to an acceptable standard|
|4.4.1||Any cracks in the front windscreen are unacceptable|
|4.4.2||Some chips other than in the area directly in line of sight of the driver are acceptable|
|4.4.3||Any repair to the windscreen must comply with British Standard BS AU 242a 1998|
|4.5||Rubbing Strips/Bumper Sections |
|4.5.1||Acceptable as fair wear and tear:- |
- Light abrasions to bumpers and body protection mouldings are acceptable
|4.5.2||Not acceptable:- |
- Cracked, split, dented or loose bumpers or body protection mouldings are not acceptable
|4.6.1||The correct wheels tyres and/or wheel trims for the model must be fitted|
|4.6.2||Tyres must be in good condition, free from cuts distortion and meet minimum legal requirement (taking into account the driven transportation to the Purchaser)|
|4.6.3||Steel and alloy wheels and trims must be in good condition with only light rim damage due to kerb contact although only one such instance on any one wheel is acceptable|
|4.6.4||Spare wheel (if applicable) must meet requirements as specified|
|4.6.5||Where vehicles have locking wheel nuts, the associated key must be supplied with the vehicle |
|4.7||Tools and Equipment |
|4.7.1||Jack, tools and/or puncture repair equipment must be in working order and supplied with the vehicle to manufacturers’ original specification|
|4.8.1||All fitted electrical equipment must be in good working order and as per manufacturers’ original specification |
|4.8.2||All in Car Entertainment must be in good working order and be of the of the correct type relative to the manufacturers original specification|
|4.8.3||Any removable items relating to electrical equipment (SD cards for Sat Nav etc) must be supplied with the vehicle|
|4.9.1||One remote key (if applicable) will be supplied as a minimum|
|4.10||Service Book |
|4.10.1||Will be supplied with the vehicle (if applicable)|
|4.11||Number Plates |
|4.11.1||Light cracks not affecting rigidity or security of fixings are acceptable. Heavily cracked distorted broken or holed plates are chargeable|
|4.11.2||All plates must meet legal spacing requirements|
|5.1.1||Detailed privacy notice for personal information collected by Autorola.|
|5.2.1||The company collecting your data, known as the data controller, is:|
DK-5000 Odense C
Tel: +45 70 20 16 61
Your primary contact and the company processing your data, known as the data processor, is:
Tytherington Business Park
Macclesfield, Cheshire, SK10 2XA
Tel: 01625 507000
|5.2.2||If you have a complaint regarding the way we treat your information, which we cannot help you with, you should contact the data protection authority:|
The Information Commissioner's Office
Water Lane, Wycliffe House
Wilmslow - Cheshire SK9 5AF
Tel: +44 1625 545 745
|5.2.3||Your personal information is protected by law through the General Data Protection Regulation (REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) |
|5.3||People who sign up to Autorola services |
|5.3.1||When signing up as a user of Autorola services you enter into an agreement to which Autorola requires your contact information to honour. Your information will be used for the performance of Autorola services to verify your identity and to provide you with access to relevant IT systems. |
Unless there is a legal claim we intend to delete, or anonymize, the data collected from you while browsing our sites 1 year after your last login or 5 years after you last purchased or sold any vehicle or goods. Please allow a margin of time as we do not check for information to delete every day.
|5.3.2||There are certain cases where we share your personal information, collected when signing up to Autorola services, with third parties in order to perform the agreed service. These cases include, but are not limited to, when you sell or purchase vehicles or goods, when you fail to pay legitimate invoices from Autorola, when we invoice, when we refund payment, when asked by the authorities in relation to crime investigations and more. |
The categories of recipients are:
- Financial auditors
- Buyer of vehicles or goods you sell
- Seller of vehicles or goods you buy
- Our bank
- Our debt collection company
- Our debt recovery company
- Digital contract signing company
- The authorities
- Our partners hosting our web sites and Internet services
- Our data backup partners
- SMS service providers
- Car parks where you retrieve or deliver vehicles or goods
- Transport companies transporting vehicles to or from you
|5.3.3||We will transfer the vehicle registration certificate to countries outside of the EU union in the cases where you sell vehicles or goods outside of the EU union. The buyer require the vehicle registration certificate to transfer the vehicle to a new owner and therefore we transfer the certificate to the new owner in order for the new owner to establish the legal claim over the vehicle. |
|5.4||People browsing our web sites |
|5.4.1||We collect information on which pages you visit, which vehicles you look at, which vehicles you add to your favourite list, which campaign brought you to our sites etc. This is used to recommend relevant vehicles to you, for marketing purposes and to optimize the user experience and flow with the goal of improving sales. We also use the information collected to suggest potential buyers to our sales team. |
|5.4.2||Unless there is a legal claim we intend to delete, or anonymize, the data collected from you while browsing our sites 1 year after your last login or 5 years after you last purchased or sold any vehicle or goods. Please allow a margin of time as we do not check for information to delete every day. |
We have a legal interest in optimizing our sales which we believe is a legal reason to collect and process your information based on your browsing our web sites.
|5.5||People using Autorola Service Desk or by other means asking for support |
|5.5.1||Autorola offers support and help in order to ensure you have a good experience when using our IT systems and services and to ensure you can get issues resolved in a timely manner. |
We are always happy to help when you have issues with our services. We have a legitimate interest in helping our customers to use our services.
We use third party systems for tracking our support requests and the personal information you provide for support purposes might be stored at an external partner.
In cases where you request support for a sub system we might have to share the personal information you provide for support purposes in order to get the required support from our partners.
We will delete, or anonymize, the personal information you provide for support purposes a maximum of two years after your request have been resolved.
|5.6||People who misbehave |
|5.6.1||We keep an internal record of users who severely misbehave. This can be that they refuse to pay justified buyers or sellers fee, trying to cheat and much more. |
This information will be used to assess if can continue to do business with the offending party.
We have a legal interest in keeping our services professional, which very much means that we try to ensure that our buyers and sellers are acting professional.
|5.6.2||In cases where a law has been broken or there is a legal claim, we will share this information with relevant parties like: |
This information can also be relevant for financial auditing as it might be used as documentation for loss of profit. In this case the information will be shared with:
|5.6.3||Unless there is a legal claim, or the offence is so severe that there is legal justification for a longer retention period, we intend to delete or anonymize this information 5 years after you last purchased or sold any vehicle or goods. Please allow a margin of time as we do not check for information to delete every day. |
|5.7||People buying and selling vehicles |
|5.7.1||When an auction ends, Autorola will try to contact potential buyers as well as the seller and try to negotiate the sale. |
|5.7.2||We will transfer your contact information to countries outside of the EU union in the cases where you purchase or sell vehicles or goods outside of the EU union. |
Autorola uses a standard contractual clause to ensure proper protection of your personal information in absence of an adequate decision pursuant to Article 45(3) of the GDPR.
|5.7.3||Unless there is a legal claim we intend to delete, or anonymize, the data collected from you after 5 years after you last purchased or sold any vehicle or goods. Please allow a margin of time as we do not check for information to delete every day. |
|5.7.4||Autorola is legally obligated to report imported and exported goods to INTRASTAT in which case provide them with the, by law, required personal information. |
Autorola is legally obligated to deregister vehicles before export or document that it has been done. When deregistering, your personal information will be shared with the relevant authorities.
|5.8||People who get a refund |
|5.8.1||If we need to refund a payment, we need your bank account information in order to transfer money back to you. You can refuse this if you prefer, but it will mean longer expedition time and that we cannot make a direct transfer. We refund money based on the contractual agreement between you and us, in pursuit of treating you and other customers fair in order to promote future trade and cooperation. |
We will share your account information with:
- Our bank
- Financial auditors
Your bank account information will be deleted 5 years after the last refund. Please allow a margin of time as we do not check for information to delete every day.
|5.9||People who refuse to pay |
|5.9.1||Under the contractual agreement between our customers and Autorola, Autorola will try to collect overdue payments. |
When Autorola and the customer cannot agree on a way of payment, Autorola will use a third party to recover the money and in that case share relevant personal information with the debt recovery company.
Autorola is not a debt collecting company and the purpose of using a third party is to ensure fair treatment of all parties.
|5.9.2||Unless there is a legal claim we intend to delete, or anonymize, the data collected from you 5 years after the last overdue amount was cleared or cancelled. Please allow a margin of time as we do not check for information to delete every day. |
|5.10||Your rights |
|5.10.1||In accordance with the law you have the following rights in relation to your personal data used by Autorola:|
|5.10.2||Right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”) |
Autorola will delete or anonymize your personal information when requested. The deletion of your personal data will be done as soon as possible within one month of receiving your request.
Autorola is only obligated to delete your data if Autorola is not obligated by law to keep the information and one of the following applies:
- The personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- You withdraw the consent given for the collection and processing, and where there is no other legal ground for the processing;
- You object to the processing for direct marketing purposes;
- Your personal data have been unlawfully processed;
- Your personal data have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in law to which Autorola is subject;
|5.10.3||Right to restriction of processing |
Autorola will stop processing your personal data on your request.
Autorola is only obligated to stop processing your data while one of the following applies:
- The accuracy of the personal data is contested by you, for a period enabling Autorola to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
- The processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the personal data and requests the restriction of their use instead;
- Autorola no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by the data subject for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- You have informed Autorola of infringement on your interests, rights and freedoms pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of Autorola override yours.
|5.10.4||Right to rectification |
If you find that we have wrong personal information let us know and we will correct the information.
|5.10.5||Right of access by the data subject |
It is your right to have a copy of the personal data Autorola has on you. We will provide it digitally unless requested otherwise. More rules apply for visibility into your personal data but all the required information should be covered above. The copy of your personal data will be delivered as soon as possible within one month of receiving your request.
|5.10.6||Right to withdraw consent |
Where our collection and use of your personal data is based on your consent you can withdraw that consent at any time by contacting Autorola.
|5.10.7||Right to data portability |
You are entitled to get a copy of your personal data in a machine readable format. Autorola can also send it directly to another company on your request.
Autorola is only obligated to provide your personal data where:
- The data is provided to Autorola by you,
- The data collection is based on your consent or a contract in which you are a party and
- The processing is carried out by automated means (meaning no information on paper).
|5.10.8||Right to objection |
You have the right to object to any processing in relation to direct marketing and where you believe your rights are being violated or there is threat to your freedom.
Autorola can continue to process your personal information where one of the following applies:
- Autorola demonstrates compelling legitimate grounds for continued processing.
- Autorola must process your personal information to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
- The legal basis for the processing is not based on a legitimate interest or done in public interest.